For veggies: I will get pretty board with just raw vegetables, so I would also like some good recipes. However, something I like is steamed veggies. I really like steamed broccoli and cauliflower. I usually will buy the frozen bag because they are already cut up and they are just as good for you as eating fresh. They also are not too expensive. So ya, I will pour a bunch in a small saucepan, put a little water in there, cover and boil them for a minute or so, then let them simmer for 5- 10 mins. It depend on how tender or crisp you like them. After that I drain the water out and salt and pepper them a little. Occasionally, I will put butter on them and let that melt. Personally, I think steamed veggies are pretty good and simple.
Something else that is pretty good is to saute them in a tiny bit of olive oil and add garlic, salt and any other seasoning you like. Rosemary is good. I don't know how well sauteing is with the frozen veggies, but with fresh ones it will be good.
Also, I found out that cooked green beans are really yummy with a little butter and quartered almonds. I usually use canned green beans, because that is quickest.
Hope that helpped!
Brindy
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment